Best CBSE School in Bangalore – Schools Near Me
Set up in 2018, Smrti Academy is the best CBSE school located in Huskur, off Sarjapur Road, Bangalore. The school is set up by promoters who are in the education sector since 2005. Smrti Academy is being set up by a very experienced team with diverse backgrounds, including education, consulting, shared services, banking, and infrastructure. Together, the team brings over 100 years of experience in education. The school is registered with the Government of Karnataka.
In the academic year 2021-22, the School will operate up to 8th Grade. Children who are 5 years 5 months as of 1st June are eligible to apply for 1st Grade (Standard).
Before buying a product, we do extensive research on online channels, enquire friends & families, use other channels to gather complete information about products before purchasing it. The same rule applies when you look for a good CBSE school around you for your child. Similarly, when researching about CBSE curriculum school for your child, you may also have to research about various schools. The hard work will be worth your while if you find a school that brings out the best in your child.
The Smrti Academy school does not focus on education only but believes in the overall development of students, so we work on knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes. A strong curriculum in academics and blending of academics and co–curricular activities ensure that children are able to connect what is there in the books to real life.
The school is located off Sarjapur Road, Bangalore, and the one of the best school for surrounding areas such as Hosa Road, Parapanna Agrahara, HSR Layout, Bommasandra, Hosur Road, Jigani, Electronics City Phase 1 & 2, Ananthnagar, Kasavanahalli, Bommanahalli, Kaadubeesanahalli, Rayasandra, Shantipura, Kodathi, Naganathapura, Hadosiddapura, Dommasandra, Muthanallur, Kaikondrahalli, Bellandur, Halanayakanahalli, and other nearby areas.
The Smrti Academy School is following the CBSE curriculum as per new grades defined by the Government of India. The School has four grades – The Foundation stage from Montessori to 3rd Grade, earlier known as preprimary school. Next, Preparatory Grade from 4th to 6th grades, earlier known as primary school. Third, Middle School follows the CBSE pattern followed by Secondary Grades.
How To Choose Good CBSE School
Let’s dive deeper to understand the important factors that need to be considered while choosing the best CBSE school for your children.
Tips to Consider While Choosing the Top CBSE School for Your Child
In this guide, we will go through the steps that will help you why to choose Smrti Academy for your child to secure his academic future.
1. Academic & Beyond Academic Activities
No doubt that what a child learn and experience from his study stays with them for years. Being a parent, it is our responsibility to not only focus on the school which provides better education but also, need to do proper research about school whether providing an extracurricular activity or not which is required for the overall growth of your child.
Schools meeting the highest standard in terms of highest education standard, student-teacher ratio, teacher excellence, teaching methodology, academic & extracurricular activity, and more.
Extra-curricular activities like outdoor games, team sports, yoga, art & craft, hobby ideas, physical education, dance & drama classes also play a massive part in shaping a child’s overall personality.
They can add an extra edge to your child’s capacity for learning and further hone his/her intellectual skills.
2. Teacher-Student Ratio
Would you like to send your child to a school that allows 60 students per class where the teacher cannot focus on each student or a school that allows only 10-12 students where the teacher constantly keeps an eye on children and does not get enough time to showcase their skills?
Choose the school which allows the right set of students in a class so each student will get the teacher’s attention at a limit.
The various study has proved that right set of students in a class allows giving equal opportunity to focus on each student and get the opportunity to shine in both education and extracurricular activities.
As a rule of thumb, the perfect teacher-student ratio is 1:30 per class is an accepted industry norm in good primary/secondary schools.
Smrti Academy not only provides education but adds value to students’ life and that is possible with their right student-teacher ratio i.e. 1:20 for Montessori students & 1:30 for senior students.
3. Clean Environment And Close To Nature
When it comes to kids, a clean and hygienic school environment is a massive priority. As a parent, you need to know if this is actually the case or not.
Things like – Are the outdoor games and toys safe for use by children? Is the playground kept clean and tidy?
Are the support staff and teachers themselves clean and hygienic? – need to be checked and confirmed personally.
Also, is the school adequately equipped with medical equipment and staff in case of a medical emergency with a child?
Has the staff been trained in basic life-saving and CPR techniques? These are some of the other things you need to look at too.
Is the school is located in a crowded place where lot of noise disturbing the classes and students are not able to focus on their studies because of this?
Smrti Academy is located in Huskur Bangalore, and it is very close to nature. The school is surrounded by a mini forest. This not only allows students to feel the closeness of nature but also allows students to concentrate on their studies.
This factor has added significance today in light of the fact that we see so little of it among kids these days.
Choosing a school with a high level of discipline is important to make sure your child absorbs the right values and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
However, the methods adopted by the school should be civil.
Many studies have shown that a stressful school environment can lead to a decline in the understanding and learning capability of children.
Smrti Academy makes sure that on enrolling your child in, we educate children in a free, healthy, stress-free environment.
Do your research about the school has a strong program of core academic subjects such as English, Maths, Science, 2nd & 3rd language, Arts, Music, and other languages. Does the school have a special focus on the weak students or any program for them? If your child needs any special learning, does the school have a curriculum and the necessary supports to appropriately accommodate those needs?
We have a very academic program designed for all kinds of students whether seeking special attention or not. Based on the student’s mindset, the treatment is given to them.
6. Approach To Learning
- Does the school have a particular approach to teaching and learning (e.g., group projects, individual performance, frequent testing)?
- If yes, do you think your child will enjoy and learn from this approach?
- Does the school do all it can to make sure each child learns? Does it provide opportunities for children to get extra help when they need it?
- Is the school staff able to communicate in the language that your child understands?
- Are children with limited English language skills, learning disabilities, or other special needs learning and performing well on tests?
- What is the homework policy? Does it match your expectations for how much homework your child should do?
- Do you want your child to go to a single-sex (all-boy or all-girl) school, or a coeducational school?
- How large are the classes?
7. Academic Performance
- How do the school’s test scores compare to those of other schools? (Check the school’s report card if it is a public school or ask for information from the school if it is a private school. See ‘Parent Tip’ on school report cards.)
- In the past few years, have test scores risen or declined?
- How does the school explain the rise or decline? How well have children similar to yours performed on these tests?
- How do students moving on to the next level of schooling perform in their new schools?
- How many students leave school before completing the last grade?
- What special achievements or recognition has the school received?
8. Behaviour Policy
- What does the school do to help develop character?
- What is the discipline policy? How does the school handle students who misbehave?
- Are teachers fair in their responses to students? Does the school have a program and supports to prevent and address behavior problems?
- Are students allowed to leave school by themselves?
- What measures has the school taken to ensure safety? What security measures are in place?
- What is the policy on school absences? How does the school encourage daily attendance?
- Do school personnel call parents when students are absent?
- Does the school have a drug and alcohol abuse prevention program?
- Does the school have a dress code?
- Do students wear uniforms?
- Is the school safe?
- How does the school prevent and handle problems with drugs, alcohol, and tobacco?
- How does the school prevent and handle violence, bullying, harassment, and other forms of abusive behavior?
- What measures does the school take to ensure safety? What security measures are in place?
- What is the school’s relationship with the local police?
- Is there a police officer on duty during school hours and for extracurricular activities?
- What information is available on serious crime in the school?
- What information is available on students bringing weapons to school?
- Does the school have an emergency plan for local and national emergencies?
- What does the school do to ensure that parents and all school administrators know the emergency plan?
- Are there drills?
- How does the school notify parents about emergency closings? How does the school communicate with parents in other languages?
10. Special Offerings
- What extracurricular activities does the school offer after school or on weekends?
- Do all students have the opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities?
- What interscholastic activities are available to students?
- What intramural activities are available to students?
- What activities receive the most attention and resources?
- Are there school and student publications?
- Does the school sponsor field trips?
- Are they available to all students?
- Any publications for parents available in other languages?
11. Facilities And Services
- Is there a well-stocked library where students can check out books and do research? Are reading materials available in other languages?
- Is there an interlibrary loan?
- Is the time provided in the day for students to go to the library?
- Do students have access to computers and the Internet in the classroom and library?
- Is the use of the Internet monitored?
- Is there an auditorium or a large room for school assemblies?
- Is a school nurse on duty daily?
- Is there a cafeteria, and does the school offer a nutritionally well-balanced lunch program? Breakfast program?
- Is supervised before- and after-school care offered?
- Are there tutoring programs?
- Are counseling services available to students?
- Is the school accessible to children with mobility limitations?
What Is The Age Limit For Seeking Admission In Smrti Academy?
The government has set the guidelines for schools and parents to enroll their children in grades as per their age.
Any student who attains the age of 5 years & 5 months as of June 1 is eligible for getting admission in standard 1.
To secure admission in Smrti Academy from foundation stage (Nursery to Sr. KG) the student has to attain the minimum age of 2 years 5 months on June 1 to secure a seat in Nursery, 3 years & 5 months for Junior KG, and 4 years and 5 months for Sr. KG